Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Best of MFW Spring 2013

I might raise a lot of disagreements on this but I've got to be honest. MFW's Spring 2013 collection was.. Well, to put it simply, nothing quite popped at me. I picked a few collections which I think is pretty fresh for this Spring but there will be no specific brand highlights for this MFW. 

Emporio Armani
Love the asymmetric and the layering of different fabrics and colors. Very easy-going which is great for spring and yet well appropriate for work. Still it stays to a clean cut look that is of the brand's signature style. 





Jil Sander

I think my favourite of all would be Jil Sander. Somehow this collection reminds me of a playful school girl who wears a mixture of masculine and feminine to be able to run around the courtyard chasing butterflies and yet gives you the girlish giggle at the end of the day. Maybe it because of the colours used in this collection or that ankle high "white-socks" look-alike booties.. Either way, I'm charmed.





Marni

Next is Marni, which never fails to be in my Best of MFW list, brings on a more everlasting classic prints that can be seen at Louis Vuitton and Topshop Unique... Checks. With stripes in trend, I can't help but wonder are these designers trying to avoid that more apparent and common print and creating one using its element (lines) or... Oh well, I have no complains nonetheless. I've always liked Marni's oversized silhouette as well as this summer's floral print.







Moschino







Versace
This Spring I liked how Versace is a little more toned down... Not showing too much off skin or attention-grapping details. Everything is a little more subtle (colours, slits..) and still yet retaining that Versace girl look.




Aquilano Rimondi

After reviewing the photos again, I'm not so sure about Rimondi. At first look, the collection looked vibrant and full of life, But now... I kinda question if this looks too much like a circus show. What I do like is that feminine pout at the hips and the layering of gorgeous colours at the rims of the dresses.









No comments: