Friday, May 3, 2013

Best of NYFW Spring 2013 II

Yes I do know I'm way too late for this as Fall 2013 is already out, but nonetheless I actually have all these NYFW Spring 2013 posts in draft its just that I've no time to write and upload them. So to salvage my negligence, I would say these Spring 2013 collections are a recap for you guys to note the trends for this Spring/Summer (we are all in spring/summer right now anyway) and be dressed stylishly.

So continuing where I've left off for NYFW Spring 2013...

Louise Goldin

An uprising designer that I love for the mismatched, modernist playful spirit.



 Marchesa

Marchesa as usual, appears (haha, yes probably I'm biased but hey who doesn't love Marchesa?) However I'm not exactly going gaga over this season. Definitely a hint of orientalism in here which is why i didn't quite like this collection.. It reminded me for the couture collection Chanel did back then. Moreover, to me I think the signature style of Marchesa that I really love is kinda lost in here. Nevertheless, I do like it that Marchesa tries to be different.





 Marc by Marc Jacobs

One of my many favourites of MBMJ! Yes indeed Marc has well-publicised that this Spring/Summer trend is gonna be stripes and I believe he has done it well to translated his Marc Jacobs collection to his diffusion line catered for younger crowd. Stripes are subtly redesigned in stable clothes and infused with colours to give it a breathe of youth. Summer bandanas are also a key accessory in this collection, making me to start collecting scarves and headbands.




 Peter Som







 Rebecca Minkoff

In love with this season's Rebecca Minkoff for that soft gentle pastel prints. Colours are very feminine but the silhouettes are a little boyish and playful. I've always love a juxtaposition like this.




 Red Valentino

Cutesy Red Val girl who still believes in fairytales stepped into an enchanting forest hoping to spot tinkerbell or bambi.







 Rebecca Taylor

R. Taylor also introduced a nice pastel orange (like I've mentioned earlier) this season. Her dresses are light and flowy, best suited for a warm summer. 




Rodarte

Rodarte seems to have gone bad girl chic. Not one of my best collection for Rodarte but certainly one of the fresh originals for the runway.





 Richard Chai Love

My fav fav fav for NYFW is Richard Chai Love! Again, I loe the juxtaposition of a sporty silhouette mixed with pastel digital prints and a nice light chiffon fabric. Not only fashionably-wearable, it is also very suitable for the Spring/Summer






No comments: