Monday, October 1, 2012

Best of NYFW Spring 2013 I

Hi there!

I was so caught up with life (that includes loved ones, BA degree..) that I totally forgot to update you guys on the SS2013 FW! Oh my godness major NO NO!

Anyway though it's late.. There's the best of NYFW for Spring 2013 part 1 that is specially handpicked by yours truly.

Alexander Wang

Detach and attach is one of the few words to describe this collection, oh along with Frankenstein. Don't get me wrong, I like this collection. It's definitely something fresh to the runway but picking something that one can wear to her every life is the challenge. Though hands down, this is genius to be doing something other than asymm. or geographic prints that we've seen so much.








 Badgley Mischka

Definitely the safe zone - feminine, pastels and gentle with a hint of shimmer,  need we say more girls?!





  BCBG Max Azria

BCBG's signature style with its leather-harness-look layered with gentle feminine prints. Looks like a secret agent ready to kill (with looks and agile moves). Juxtaposition will done! Oh, notice that shade of tangerine orange? Hang in tight, there's more to come.











 Diane von Furstenberg

Of course, very DVF'-ish with Miss Furstenburg style in fused with the signature colourful prints of DVF house. Loose silhouette layered with bright summer colours. You'll go no wrong with it for Spring/Summer.









 Edun

Edun goes a little... Survior-chic. Jungle-greens, with occasional orange or floral beds ensures you the most stylish survior you can find in the jungle. I do like how carefree it looked.








 J. Mendel

Remember I told you to look out for oranges this spring/summer? Here's J. Mendel dishing out the oranges in loose and structural silhouettes. Orange is officially the "IT colour" for this season, remember guys!

 Jeremy Laing

And here we have Jeremy Laing in the most practical mind for tropical countries where Spring/sumer would mean rain and more rain. This collection is so wet-weather ready and chic that I don't mind get into one. Who doesn't want to look great when the rain pours?




 Karen Walker

I literally swoon when I saw this collection. Adorbs adorbs adorbs! It's like I'm back to being that Little Mary Jane hiding behind my mummy, all dressed like a sweetheart. I would steal this wardrobe if I can! Polka dots, ruffles, ribbons, pastels (resembling ice cream!!!), cutesy and girly, its a Spring/summer back to childhood. Oh how much I miss that!








No comments: